"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Crafting!

I made a Christmas wreath!  Hooray!  This was my first go at wreath making, and I must say I think it was pretty successful :)


Yay!  For interested parties, I used this tutorial.  It was actually really easy to make...the hardest part was getting it to hang on the door properly, because I can't tie a pretty bow to save my life.

The general procedure was this:

Step One: Gather Materials...


Step Two: Wrap the wreath form in yarn.



Step Three:  Make a bunch of felt flowers (way easier than it looks)



Step Four: Stick all the felt flowers on the wreath.  And BAM!  A cozy soft Christmas wreath of happiness and joy!  Here's a close-up of all the flowers together.


Besides crafting time, winter break has also afforded me the ability to sleep late relatively guilt-free, watch substandard chick-flicks on television, and cooking dinner and watching Breakfast at Tiffany's at my friends' house.  This is definitely superior to study marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment