"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sick Day. Blah.

I woke up today with an awful cold...or rather, the awful cold that I've been successfully keeping at bay for the last two weeks, but which has finally caught up to me, with a vengeance.  Happily, since I'm on winter break and have nothing to inhibit it, I took a full-fledged sick day...lots of sleeping, lots of tea, lots of television.  The only reason I changed out of my pajamas (and into sweats and a t-shirt) was to be able to greet the Chinese food delivery guy in a semi-presentable state.  I find that egg drop soup always makes me feel somewhat better when sick, and as I was in no mood to cook I took the sick opportunity to splurge on some takeout (sesame chicken also made an appearance).

I'm planning to feel better by tomorrow - that is, I'm planning to not let a cold keep me from participating in the fun plans I have for tomorrow.  Besides, I think it may be the kind of cold that feels less horrible when you're up and moving around.  I base this on the observation that my walk to the mailbox was the best I felt all day.  So tomorrow will go on as planned, unless I wake up and just feel completely horrible.

It seems that everyone I know is getting sick too...must be the end-of-semester bug.  Hope we all feel better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment