"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, December 5, 2011

Productivity.

Old Testament Final: Check.

Systematic Theology Final Study Guide: Check.

Memorizing Aforementioned Study Guide:  Not Check.  But that is ALL that I have left for the semester, aside from taking the actual exam on Thursday afternoon.  But two and a half days to memorize four essay outlines?  I can handle that.

I also had some delicious bananas foster french toast today.  If you live in Dallas, stop by Cafe Brazil and order some.  The service there may be horrible, but you can't deny that the food is good.  And, they have no problem with you sitting there for two hours armed with a laptop and a stack of theology books.  It's not my first-choice for a study location; that would be White Rock Coffee, but that was unusually crowded when I drove out there this afternoon.  Cafe Brazil was a good runner up, though.  It's not very often that I can get anything done there, since it's usually fairly crowded and loud, but today was a happy exception.  And it only took me two hours to finish the study guide that has been intimidating me for two weeks.  I'd give that a two thumbs up.

In celebration of overcoming the most difficult part of studying for my Systematics final in a timely fashion, I finished out the night by watching Across the Universe.  Always a good choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment