"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, December 30, 2011

Eye Doctors

Today I went to the eye doctor for the first time in 11 years, because for some freak reason I started to have blurred vision in my left eye.

It was strange.

The cause of the drama is uncertain...I thought it was a scratched cornea (via a straw wrapper haphazardly thrown in jest), but eye-doctor-man said it looked more "toxic" - which, by the way, is not a comforting word to hear from the person examining your eye.  After the word "microblister" was thrown around substantially, I was sent off with eye drops and instructions to use them every half hour until I go to sleep, and theoretically things will be better in the morning.  Let's hope so, since I've got a travel day ahead of me.  And I prefer to keep my eye examinations a decade apart, so overnight healing would be for the best.

The emergency medical appointment actually afforded a lot of humor and sister bonding, and was followed by an evening of Chinese takeout, The Art of Getting By from Redbox, frozen custard, and playing Lego Harry Potter on Xbox.  And before the bizarre eye incident, my parents took me to lunch.  So actually, it was a pretty good day overall.  Wish I had a couple more days here, but it will be good to get back to Dallas too.

Only one more day in 2011!  Weird, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment