"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, December 9, 2011

Winter Break

Christmas time is here...

Happiness and cheer...

Fun for all...

That children call...

Their favorite time of year...

(The excitement about winter break has finally set in).

Yesterday, winter break felt anticlimactic.  But this morning, when I slept until 10:30 and felt completely guilt-free about it, I started to fully grasp the implications of winter break.  No homework...no reading...no papers (mostly)...no studying...for an entire month.  This is it, people.  This is winter break.  Yes, I'm still working...but I like my job, and my free time has increased exponentially with the removal of the studying quotient.  It's a beautiful thing.

So what did I do on my first official day of winter break?  I slept in, ate a pumpkin scone, watched three episodes of friends, went to Micheal's, ate some salmon and rice for lunch...and then I went to work.  Because I don't get a winter break from that.  But then, after work, I came back and spent the evening making a Christmas wreath with the things I bought at Michael's this morning.  It isn't finished yet, but it's coming along quite nicely.

I'm excited to have guiltless free time in my life again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment