"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, December 19, 2011

That Day When You Start Watching a Top Model Marathon...

...and subsequently get nothing done the rest of the day.  That was today.  Ironically, the marathon wasn't a marathon after all, but the daily 3-hour block of America's Next Top Model episodes that apparently airs while I'm usually at work or school or studying.  Oh, the wonders you discover while on winter break.  Anyway, after three hours of Top Model madness, it was pretty obvious that the day was going to be TV-centered, particularly since the weather outside quickly turned frightful, and television is so delightful in such circumstances.  (See what I did there?)

So throughout the day, I watched three episodes of America's Next Top Model, While You Were Sleeping, an episode of Friends, the same episode of Friends with DVD commentary, Love Actually, all the deleted scenes on the Love Actually DVD, and various portions of The Holiday.  But, I also took the time to make chicken and dumplings and shortbread cookies.  So it was not only a day of much television, but of much cooking.

Oh, and I also slept until noon.  Did I mention that?

No comments:

Post a Comment