"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Victory! And Hugo!

The semester is FINISHED!  I took my last final this afternoon, which went very well, I think.  Yay!!!!  I am now free from homework until mid-January.  It's exciting...but, to be honest, it's a bit anticlimactic considering that I'll be working, writing papers for my internship, and ideally trying to get ahead on work for next semester over winter break.  But at least most of the deadlines have been lifted, and I'll get to sleep in more.  So that's something.

Even though I'm feeling a bit sick, I was determined to celebrate the end of finals.  So, my friend Katrina and I set off for adventures tonight - those adventures being 1) Fuzzy's Tacos, 2) Taking Photos on SMU's Campus (Katrina is shooting engagement photos there tomorrow night and needed to practice camera settings), and 3) Going to See Hugo.  People.  That movie is sooooooo good.  It turns out it's actually historical fiction all about one of the first French cinematographers, Georges Melies.  That makes it sound nerdy, but it was really very, very well-done.  And very accurate too, it turns out, about the details of Melies's life.  It's worth going to see.  Inspirational and educational all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment