"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Better Day

Today was a better day.  It started off well - I actually READ my Bible this morning (I know, right?).  That's a new one this year.  I decided to start doing my 10-minute daily meditation homework first thing in the morning when I haven't had time to get all stressed or distracted, and that put me in a contemplative God-mood that motivated me to actually have a personal quiet time.  That was good.  To be honest, though, I quickly got bored...I'm out of practice, for one thing, and I was exceptionally tired this morning for some reason.

In a way, the better-ness that was today was kind of intangible in a way.  I just felt more confident than usual, I guess, which made me feel happier than usual.  I actually spoke up and said intelligent things in class today, and I think I've actually been working my way into my professor's good graces.  For one thing, I think they're starting to know who I am.  These big lectures are an abrupt shift from the liberal arts class of 5-10.  It may have taken a semester, but I think I'm actually starting to get used to the change.

All in all, not too much exciting or interesting to report.  It was 6-hours-of-class-Tuesday, so academia dominated my day.  Given how good I felt today, I'm surprised to find I have so little to write about...that's why I called it an intangible happiness before.  I'm thinking it's a direct result of that "let go and let God" mentality I'm trying to adopt.

I won't belabor the point that I don't really have anything to write about today.  Now, Dallas IS supposed to get another "wintry mix" tomorrow...we'll see how that pans out.  Class or no class tomorrow?  Come back tomorrow to find out...

(Suspenseful ending, right?)

2 comments:

  1. Actually its not so suspensefull. you most likely wont have class. Those Texans cant handle snow. Oh, you forgot the part where I beat you at chess. This is important and interesting!:)
    Im glad that you got time to sit and think about God. It's hard to be quiet, but I think it helps your overall demeanor. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because this is yesterday's post. Get with it. :-P

    (PS: This is what happens when you don't read my blog...)

    ReplyDelete