"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day...Round Three.

Yes, you read that correctly.  SMU has called off classes for the third day in a row.  They've called off tomorrow as well, but since I don't have Friday classes it doesn't really affect me.  At this point, I'm beginning to realize that if the Texas department of transportation had any rock salt in their arsenal, the roads would be fine.  But of course, that's unheard of in the South.  We're actually supposed to get MORE snow tonight, but temperatures will go above freezing on Sunday...just in time for the Superbowl.  The NFL had bad luck picking a non-weather affected location this year
What my day looked like...

Today was a different kind of snow day: the productive kind.  I finished the book we're reviewing in paper form for my New Testament class (a good thing, since the paper's due next week...if I'm SUPER awesome, I can knock that out over the weekend), read two chapters of my education book that I have to read eight chapters of by Tuesday (a total of 175 small-print pages), and started work developing a website to organize prayer groups for the CCFOF's prayer campaign (happening in late March, if you're interested).  I'm actually SUPER excited about this website.  It's going to be awesome.

Of course, my snow day had many relaxing snow-day-esque elements to it, including but not limited to two episodes of "Friends" (in case you're wondering, I've been gradually working my way through all the DVD sets, and tend to watch them during mealtimes), watching "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Network, chatting with friends on the phone, and making a tasty chicken dinner.  I rented "The Social Network" from iTunes and intended to watch it over dinner, but it took forever to download so that didn't happen.  Actually, I'll be watching that post-blog-posting.  I've been curious about the movie since it started winning all those awards at the Golden Globes and whatnot...I'll let you know what I think about it.

Also, I've knocked out specific steps for accomplishing the February goals, but I won't bore you by listing them here.

Sooooo that's that!


Oh, one more thing!  The most awesome part of my day: the discovery of Google Art Project, a website that lets you wander through museums all over the world and view some of their art collections.  Besides the fact that this site allowed me to wander through the Palace of Versailles on my couch (think Google Street View inside a museum, or palace in this case), the site also has really great resolution and awesome zoom features that let you get right up close.  I love stuff like that, because you can pick out all the details that you often miss when you're looking at the piece as a whole.  I took some screenshots of some such awesome details.  Enjoy!
(Also, special thanks to my friend Ashley, who posted this site on her blog today)






1 comment:

  1. That's awesome about the Google art project! I had no idea, I love google!

    ReplyDelete