"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowy Day...Part 4

I called this post "Snowy Day" instead of "Snow Day", because since I never have classes on Friday I can't technically call this a snow day, despite the fact that SMU is closed once again (in fact, they went ahead and closed campus for Saturday and Sunday too).  And this time, there's actually legitimate snow...seven inches of it came down from the sky overnight...
Circa 1:30am

Circa 12:30pm
 As I was going crazy in my apartment, I decided to take a trip to the dumpster as an opportunity to explore the general scene.  For example, I walked up to the main road.  It's right there, behind that tree in the foreground.
That's the road.  Can't you see it?
 Again, demonstrating the lack of snow plows in Texas.  It is a considerable amount of snow though...it was reaching almost up to the top of my boots.
Seven Inches.
For those of you analyzing my wardrobe, yes I am wearing my pea coat with my Santa Cruz sweat pants and my rainbow polka dot rain boots.  Thank you for asking.  (Even better, I didn't actually get dressed for this venture, I just put the aforementioned items on over my pajamas).

Needless to say, the continuing weather marked Day 4 of my confinement to my 636 sq. ft. apartment.  

I'm starting to go a little bit crazy.

As usual, I spent the day working (emailing several professional and important emails to people while wearing cupcake pajama pants and an AOII intramural t-shirt imploring people to "Play Like a Panda"...oh, the irony), doing class reading, vaguely contemplating writing my New Testament Paper, watching random TV and movies.  Oh, speaking of movies, I watched "The Social Network" last night.  It was good.  If you have 2 hours and a Facebook, go watch it.  I'm not going to run out and add it to my personal collection, but you know.  Worth the watch.  I also set up the iPod speaker I got for Christmas.  It wasn't complicated or anything, I just couldn't decide where to put it, so I kept putting it off.  It has now found its home on my kitchen pass-through counter, and is super awesome.  It drowns out bass guy well.

Also, and this is really exciting: I made homemade chicken fried rice today.  YES.  This might not excite all of you readers, but it was super exciting for me, for several reasons: 1) It let me eat something other than sauteed chicken and vegetables for dinner without having to go to the store, 2) It was a pretty healthy recipe and super easy to make, and 3) It tasted JUST like take-out Chinese, and was way cheaper.  And it was all kinds of tasty.  Keeping in mind that food never looks as good in pictures as it does in real life, behold the following photo:
 I'm telling you.  Delicious.  SO delicious.  General process: cook some rice in a boiling mixture of water and a splash of soy sauce, sautee chicken with chopped onions and fresh green beans, scramble an egg among everything else in the pan, and add the rice.  Magical.

The only other significant event of the day was that the Wii Fit kicked my butt.  I ventured out of the games into the strength training and yoga sections, and it was WAY more intense...which, really, is a good thing.

I hope that this blog isn't boring all you faithful readers (all 7 or 8 of you)...things will be less redundant once I'm free of my apartment again.  Cross your fingers that tomorrow's the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment