"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Exciting News!

So it's ironic that my post last night was about France and my love thereof, because today I received an email oozing with exciting news from my boss regarding my job with the CCFOF (which, you will recall, is a US based non-profit that supports French ministries by mobilizing prayer and financial resources with the goal of seeing every French ministry financially independent and spiritually flourishing).

The first exciting thing is that I'm getting a 10% pay raise (woot!).

The second exiting thing is that he and the board of directors would like for me to go to a conference in France in November.


(................................................)


GNSJKNLKABNGKJDASMKFLAJKALMKCNHGCAJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(In case you're wondering, that's what your brain sounds like when it short circuits from shock and explodes in an internal combustion of excitement because you've opened the aforementioned exciting email in the middle of class, where squealing with joy is generally unappreciated.)

I'm SUPER excited.

Now, I don't want to get my hopes too far up in the air because I know very, very little about this possible trip to France - including how it would be financed.  Because honestly, if I'm the one who has to pay my way, that is probably  not an option.  Also, if the dates conflicted irrevocably with my classes or my internship, that would be difficult (although, since it's a ministry related trip, I'm thinking they'd be pretty understanding).  I've emailed my boss asking for more details - the email was really vague, and mostly just getting a feel for whether I'd be interested in going to France (as if there would be any doubt...)  So I'll keep you posted as details unfold.

Although, even if things don't work out, there are still reasons to be excited.  First of all, my boss and the board of directors clearly think I'm doing a good job if they're willing to send me off to France to represent them.  Secondly, even if things don't work out to go this year (scheduling or finances or whatever other reason), I presume they might still want me to go another year.  Thirdly, this job is shaping up to do exactly what I hoped it would.  When I started working for the CCFOF, it was only in its third year of existence, but with loads of potential, and I remember thinking how cool it would be to get involved on the ground level and grow with the organization and secretly hoping that one day it would be big enough that it would give me an excuse to go to France.  If things work out, that could actually happen this year!  It makes me feel very important that I could have to go on European business trip (haha).  More seriously, it really means a lot to me that they'd want me to go...even if that doesn't really get to happen.

So that was the big news of the day.  Other events include making homemade hummus (a little too heavy on the garlic, but tasty), watching half of the "Lost in Austen" mini-series on DVR, and having lunch at McAlister's with my friend Emily, who was my roommate on summer project and who currently lives in Dallas.  I was also unusually attentive in New Testament class and actively involved with the lecture.  Christian Heritage (my church history class) didn't receive the honor of my complete attention, since I discovered the email of joy in the middle of the lecture and was therefore good for nothing for the remaining 40 minutes.

Yes, so all in all, a decidedly good day :)

1 comment:

  1. Celia, that is so exciting! Good for you! (PS Hummus is yummus)

    ReplyDelete