"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, February 25, 2011

Is that an olive branch in that dove's mouth?

The carpet is starting to dry!!!!  Sound the trumpets and kill the fattened calf (unless you're a vegetarian, then go kill the fattened cabbage or something).

Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end of the flood saga.  Although, I'm starting to get used to my dysfunctional living room furniture arrangement and strange men coming in and out of my apartment at all hours of the day.  Still, this can end anytime.

Mostly, I'm ready to be able to cook in my apartment again!!  The kitchen is too dirty from construction dust to cook in, and I'm still not clear on if I'm allowed to use my dishwasher or not...and, since the sink is piled up with draining tubes from the dehumidifier and work rags, I'm not too keen on washing dishes by hand at the moment. In the meantime, healthy eating habits have all but gone out the window, as my diet has turned to McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Chipotle, and Raising Canes, plus a hearty Tex-Mex dinner in the past few days.

I vaguely considered doing the Wii Fit tonight, but then I sat on my couch and sang along to YouTube karaoke videos instead.  Yeah.  I'm super cool.

Happily, I WAS productive today!  I made up two hours of work that I'd slacked off on ($33 in earnings, baby!), and I made a really good start on my New Testament midterm study guide.  Tomorrow I'm planning to hop back over to the library...I've found that I'm particularly productive if I'm working in the red room, which (as it's name suggests) is all bright red and energetic, unlike the blue room of tranquility and the green room of cheerfulness - although these are also good rooms, I spent too much time in them last semester and now they're tainted with an aura of stress.  Red room is where it's at.

I wish I had some profound thoughts for you....sadly, my life has reached a monotony that hasn't been conducive to creativity.  Tomorrow's post should be more interesting...I have something I want to write about, but I'm too tired to write about it just now.  I'll just leave you on that cliffhanger...

(PS, if you understood the reference in the title, and its relevance to this post, you get bonus Bible points.)

No comments:

Post a Comment