"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Demographic Discoveries

I just found this tab on here that lets you show how many times certain blog pages have been viewed, and what countries people are viewing you from.  Apparently people have viewed this blog from the USA, France, Denmark, the UK, China, Russia, Canada, the United Arab Emirates, Italy, and the Philippines.  I find that odd. Either my friends are lying on some profile or other, or else my life is fascinating enough to attract worldwide attention.  Clearly, option number two is the correct choice.  To clarify, all those countries except for the USA and France (where I actually have acquaintances) have viewed my blog 6 or less times total, so I'm not a massive international sensation.  Still, it intrigues me...

As far as posts go, apparently the favorite topics are my recent Julie and Julia encounter, and that post about how Texans buy chicken en masse at the mention of snow.

I'm sure that this demographic information will come in handy at some future date...how exactly, I'm not so sure.  But, while all this is interesting, it remains kind of irrelevant since I'm primarily doing this for myself.  Not that I don't appreciate you people who show up to read whatever ends up on the screen from day-to-day.  In fact, I admire your dedication.  You deserve a cookie.  Go ahead, go get a cookie.  I'd get you one myself, but they haven't perfected that whole WonkaVision food transporter thing just yet.

Nothing much to report from today...spent the whole day working on a midterm study guide while watching assorted musicals and cartoons.  I'm afraid I may be getting sick...my throat is all scratchy and unpleasant.  I would love to NOT be sick over Spring Break next week; being home and sick is much less of a vacation than being home and not sick.

Anyway, I could regale you with fascinating stories about the Protestant Reformation and assorted musical numbers from Hairspray and The Producers, but I don't feel a strong need to recreate my day for you in that much detail.  I'm calling it an early night.  Bonne soiree, tout le monde.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed in my head (because its 2am and somehow too late to laugh out loud) at that part about the cookie. Also, if you're getting sick or you think you're getting sick, you have to get outside. I've found in my past that if I feel a cold coming on and stay inside, commiserating in my sickness, I get sick faster and feel worse. If I go outside however, the cold ends up having a less impactful presence or I avoid it all together. Anyway, thats my advice. Seriously though...I want a cookie for reading your blog without being told.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like looking at the statistics too. This week, someone used the search terms "accidents on birthdays" and found my blog. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

    ReplyDelete