"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Urgh...

So despite the massive studying of yesterweek, the midterm kicked my butt.  I nearly began crying mid-test....that's how bad it was.  After it was over, I was so upset that I decided to skip my next class...and made it across the street to the parking garage before pulling myself together and going back to class.  Not that I paid attention much...but, in talking to friends, I discovered that everyone else in the class also felt like they did absolutely horrible.  The study guide, which is usually very good preparation for the test, didn't end up being as effective as it did in the past.  Whatever, it's over now.  I don't particularly wish to discuss it further.

After class my friend Miranda and I went and gorged ourselves on barbecue until we were physically incapacitated.  I'm still feeling the effects of this decision now...but, the social aspect was good.  I may never eat again, but that will make my food bill much cheaper.

After dinner, I did the following: laid on the couch, watched the end of Titanic on TV, laid on the couch, facebooked, laid on the couch, talked to my mom, laid on the couch, talked to my friend Brandi....and then I eventually got up off my butt and packed and cleaned and cleaned and packed and cleaned.  And now I'm all tired and stuff, so I'm going to make a morning to-do list to wrap things up, before hitting the road for St. Louis tomorrow.  Because, in case I didn't mention it, my spring break began as of 6:00...not that it's off to that great of a start, but I could definitely use a week of home time.  I'm driving halfway home tomorrow (about 6 hours, including scenic north Texas and Oklahoma), staying in a hotel on the Missouri border, and picking up the last 4 hours to St. Louis on Saturday.  I'm looking forward to the long drive...I'm going to throw my bags in the trunk, turn some music up, drive forever, and let my frustrations and stress fade away like the stretches of road behind me.

See you in Joplin.

1 comment:

  1. I've had that experience where a test was so hard I almost began crying. Actually the most recent experience was my first quiz in grad school. The teacher was really specific and no one knew it was going to happen. It just made me feel like a failure. But you pick up the pieces and vow to do better next time. You'll be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete