"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

So here I am back again, laying on my twin-sized bed in my multi-colored adolescent bedroom, back home in St. Louis once more.  It's good to be back with the family :)

This is going to be the world's shortest blog post, because 1) I'm sleepy, 2) I forgot about the time change until 10 minutes ago, and 3) I'm going to the 8:00 church service tomorrow morning and therefore have to get up early.

Nothing too substantial to report on today: drove 234 miles across Missouri, passed billboards for the World's Largest Rocking Chair, the Precious Moments Chapel, the Vacuum Cleaner Museum, and the World's Largest Gift Shop, among other things.  I-44 runs both through the Branson area and along the historic Route 66, so you get a lot of random sights along the way.  I almost turned off the road to see the giant rocking chair, but decided that I'd rather just get home to my family.  Maybe I'll take advantage of that rare delight on the return trip.  Once home, I relaxed with the family, mocked Degrassi episodes with my sister (our favorite pastime), and went for frozen custard.  And then I emailed people for 2 hours for my job...because even though SMU is on spring break, this is actually the busiest time of the year for the CCFOF.

But anyway, I'm going to sleep.  Glad to be home :)

Postscript: I've recently become a fan of country music via The Band Perry (of which my friend's friend is the fiddle player - yeah, I'm famous by extension), and spent much of the 10-hour drive from Dallas to St. Louis listening to their CD.  There's something about country music and road trips across the southern midwest that just seems to go together nicely.  Anyway, check their music, yo:



1 comment:

  1. 'check their music, yo' is not very country like. I can't imagine driving that long btw. I'd rather grow wings and fly.Glad you're home. :)

    ReplyDelete