"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Midterms Midterms Midterrrrrrrrrms

(The title was like a song in my head)

Today was study mania.  I studied from 10-12:30, slept from 1:00-2:45, and studied on and off from 3:00 until 8:00, when I suddenly remembered that I have a job and spent an hour emailing professional important-sounding emails and checking on website updates and stuff.  Then I continued studying from 9:00-10:15 (like, 20 minutes ago)

In total, that's almost 9 hours.  That's really good for me studying one subject in one day.  Truth be told, I don't have the best study skills when it comes to memorizing massive quantities of information...but, I think I have a fairly good handle on the material for my church history midterm tomorrow.  If you're wondering, it covers the Protestant Reformation, and basically every country, every person, every doctrine, every writing, and every war that happened during that time.  AKA: a lot of stuff.

Stuff like the heyschasts and the Huguenots and the Hapsburgs and Thomas Cramner and Thomas More and Henry VIIII and Henry II and Henry IV and Catherine de Medici and St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre, and Elizabeth I and Mary Tudor and Edward VI and John Calvin and Martin Luther and Ulrich Zwingli and the Anabaptists and Oliver Cromwell and the Independents and the Council of Trent and the Edict of Nantes and the Edict of Fontainebleau and Louis XIV and Cardinal Richelieu and original sin and predestination and double predestination and William Tyndale and King James I and Ferdinand and Isabella and Francisco Jimenez de Cisneros and Philip II and the pope and Charles V and Germany and the Low Countries and Frederick the Wise and Menno Simons and Scandinavia and Gustavus Vassa and stuff.

I had this vague idea that this post would be some awesome collection of witty and entertaining reflections on the Protestant Reformation, but I'm feeling a tad under the weather (stubborn sore throat) and it seems to be impairing my wit.  Odd.  But true.

I'm hitting the bed early as a self-preservation/study tactic.  The only thing that stands between me and Spring Break is this midterm and one other class!  Woohoo!

Hitting the sack early and hoping that I'll feel a bit better in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I recognized like 3 names...I'm gonna Ace that Midterm!

    ReplyDelete