"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Interview Day!

My day started bright and early this morning.  Okay, actually, I woke up around 8:00, which might not be the very crack of dawn, but my general wake-up time is approximately 10:30am (recall my evening-heavy schedule), so it FELT super early.  I'll actually have to wake up even earlier for class tomorrow morning, so I really shouldn't complain too much.

The Power Outfit.
Anyway, back to the point at hand: the reason for my early rise was that I had another interview for my required internship next year.  The third one, in fact: the first one fell through for staffing reasons, and the second just wasn't the best fit (the school internship office sets these appointments up, and then it has to be a mutual decision by both me and the church).  But anyway, third time is the charm, right?  Naturally, I wore my power outfit (as I told my friend Amy once, "I put this outfit on, and then I just can't be stopped in business").  The interview actually went quite well (although I tend to lose my interview mojo about halfway through longer interviews, and this one was an hour long).  Anyway, the pastor was impressed with me enough to invite me to lunch with himself and the associate pastor.  We went to a Chinese buffet - if you know me at all, you know that this is an excellent way to win me over.  In all seriousness, though, the interview went quite well, and I think it'll be a really interesting opportunity.  The church is very culturally diverse, with a majority of Filipinos making up the congregation (and a lunch of Filipino/Asian food following service every Sunday.  Bonus points).  Also, the bulk of their ministries happen on Sunday, which will work quite well with my schedule since I'll be taking classes simultaneously.  All in all, I think it's a good fit :)

And yes, I did set a self-timer on my camera and balance it on my dresser to take that picture.  The things I do for you blog-readers...

Anyway, the rest of the day was filled with class after class after class.  The Protestant Reformation followed by the Deutero-Pauline Epistles followed by the Multiple Intelligence Theory and its application to Groome's 5-Step Praxis.  Yeah.  That is my life in grad school.

2 comments:

  1. That picture makes my heart happy. I hope you hear good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that picture alot. The outfit is cute and so is your hair! You look great! You're right; you couldn't be stopped. I'm glad it went well.

    ReplyDelete