"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Fake Birthday to Me!

It is not my birthday.  But, since I'm currently home and among family (until tomorrow), and will NOT be home on my actual birthday in a couple weeks, we did the family celebrations today.  We went to O'Charley's for dinner - home of awesome rolls and awesome baked potato soup and awesome chicken tenders with awesome honey mustard.  I have yet to locate an O'Charley's in Dallas, so it was fun to eat there tonight...we used to go there ALL THE TIME in the Lexington college years, generally with a group of about 10 people.  I had some flashbacks.

Speaking of flashbacks, in just a couple days it will be a WHOLE year since I graduated college...it's weird.

I'll also be starting summer classes in just a couple days.  It's also weird, but in a different way.

But enough of that.  Back to the fake birthday.

Fake birthday celebrations yield real birthday gifts!  Specifically, it yielded a super awesome wall-hanging of the Paris Opera house (which I found while shopping with my mom a couple months ago and which she bought then as my birthday present with instructions that I wouldn't be allowed to have it until my birthday), Friends Season 6 on DVD (I've been slowly collecting all ten seasons), the Voyage of the Dawn Treader Narnia movie (it's my favorite book of the series, and the movie made me cry multiple times), and And AND a Vera Bradley purse that I fell in love with several months ago but never thought I'd actually own.  I like the pattern (Watercolor) because it reminds me of Madeleine storybook illustrations.  Here it is now:



So it was a good fake birthday :)

Tomorrow I'll start the trek back to Dallas, phase one, to Muskogee, Oklahoma.  Back to the real world I must go...with my new purse and DVDs and artwork.  At least the real world will be more stylish!

No comments:

Post a Comment