"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lazy Day

In true vacation mode, I did very little of anything of consequence today.  Let's see how the day played out, shall we?

-Slept until noon
-Ate a Pop Tart
-Played an old "Sims" video game

Then there's a big gap in my memory at this point, indicating just how pointless most of my activity was...I assume this was likely filled with Facebook or YouTube of some kind, but I'm drawing a blank for real details.

Anyway, after that period of whatever it was that I was doing, I finally got the initiative to leave the house (along with my sister) in favor of Panera (aka St. Louis Bread Co., since I'm up in Missouri at the moment).  I DESPERATELY need to make up work hours this month, and coffee shops always seem to stimulate productivity.  Indeed, this was so, and with the help of a coffee, a pastry, and my sister jabbering about strange Yahoo news stories, I managed to get a good amount of work done.  Two thumbs up for productivity.

Back home for a bit, I continued playing the "Sims" game with some TV show going in the background, until eventually Hannah and I called in a Chinese carry-out order, retrieved Harry Potter 7 from Redbox (my copy is in Dallas), acquired said Chinese food, and ate said food while watching said movie.  We then watched television forever, until I eventually wandered upstairs, took a shower, and wrote this blog.

How very exciting a day it was...

Now it's time for bed.  Goodnight world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment