"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Nature-tastic Hotel Experience

So tonight I find myself in a La Quinta hotel in grand ol' Muskogee, Oklahoma, en route to Dallas from St. Louis.  This hotel is all nature-riffic in two ways, one good, and one bad.

The good way: I can see horses from my windoooooooow!  Click on the picture to make it bigger, I promise they're there...


It really is quite a lovely view...definitely an improvement from the parking lots and Sam's Clubs I usually see out my hotel room windows.  Very peaceful.  But then, Muskogee is essentially in the middle of nowhere, and my hotel is even on the north side of the city so it's extra middle-of-nowhere.

The bad way the hotel is nature-tastic: Ants.

My room has ants.  Not a lot of ants, but ants nonetheless.  They've been showing up in squadrons of 3-4 on and off for the last couple of hours...not majorly intrusive, but minorly unpleasant.  I just went down to the front desk to see about changing rooms, and they're completely booked (happy Memorial Day!).  But, the receptionist did come up and spray some kind of ant-killer around the areas where I've seen them (which is somewhat localized to the right nightstand).  My personal strategy has been to move to the other side of the bed, and since it's a king-size this has been proving rather effective so far.  So it's not a big deal, but it did make my night slightly more interesting.

Really, it's quite a lovely hotel room...I've never stayed in a La Quinta, but every other hotel I checked out in Muskogee was completely booked by the time I made my reservation.  I like the decorative scheme here...burnt orange and camel-colored walls and curtains and such.  It's all warm and inviting-like.  And this bed is SUPER comfortable.  And I'm super tired, so that's a good thing.

Back to Dallas tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Were all the rooms occupied when you complained about the ants? In my opinion, they should have transferred you to another room, Celia. Anyhow, as you've said above, "the BED is super comfortable", I guess it washed away the inconvenience. BTW, that's a nice window view. I'll take that as a plus for this hotel.

    Javis Monzalton

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share the same thought, Javis. But I think the staff should’ve taken a course of action to control it so that the next client would not complain. Anyway, since this kind of incident happens, I think the best consolation that you could get is that they have great amenities, and most importantly, they have a comfortable bed -- good for relaxing.

    Marci @twinpine.com

    ReplyDelete