"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Day of Doing Things Inadequately

Today, nothing quite went right...nothing was quite completely horrible, but it was generally an inadequate day made up of several inadequate actions on my part.

Inadequate Action #1: Oversleeping and arriving 50 minutes late to my 80 minute morning class.  (In this class, even making a short appearance as a frazzled/poorly-dressed oversleeper is better than not going at all, which would make it look like I skipped intentionally).

Inadequate Action #2: Taking a 2 hour nap upon returning home after I already overslept (in my defense, I couldn't fall asleep until about 3:30am, and had to get up by 7:30...)

Inadequate Action #3: Spending an unnecessary amount of time bumming around on the internet when I have better things to do.

Inadequate Action #4: Replying in a misleading way to an email for work, and having my boss point out the error of my ways.

Inadequate Action #5: Taking an excruciating amount of time to turn left out of my parking lot because the various cars and runners were perfectly spaced in such a way that prevented me from exiting.

Inadequate Action #6: Almost killing an innocent Asian girl in the parking garage (as opposed to NOT causing the poor student's life to flash before her eyes).

Inadequate Action #7: Sitting awkwardly on the end of the table at sushi with friends and effectively isolating myself from conversation.

Inadequate Action #8: Never exercising today, but eating more ice cream than usual.

Etc.

By the end of the day, I did manage to get the most important things done, namely creating an outline for my exegesis paper and cleaning the entire apartment in preparation of my friend Jessica's arrival tomorrow (yay!).

So yeah, that was my life today.  SO interesting, I know.  In any case, I'm excited to see my best friend of 11 years tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment