"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, April 2, 2011

NOOOOOOOOOO!

So UK lost its Final Four game to the UConn (which was pronounced as "Yukon," and rather confused me for the first half of the game).  Most of you probably know this, since most of you are affiliated with Kentucky yourselves.  Since I spent the last four years of my life living just down the street from the University of Kentucky, I'm a UK fan by association when the proper moment arises.  Moments like tonight.  I'm generally not that into sports, but this game managed to make me into one of those people sitting on the edge of the couch yelling at the TV and waving my arms in the air.  The neighbors were probably alarmed and confused.  It was an INTENSE game...UK came back from being 10 points down at the start of the second half to take the lead, then lose the lead, then take the lead, then lose the lead, then take the lead, then lose the lead, and so forth...until they ultimately lost to UConn by ONE point.  It was crazy.  My Facebook wall is now flooded with status updates of similar frustrated sentiment tinged with sadness.

Other news of the day includes library researching adventures, homework adventures, and (surprisingly successful) homemade fried chicken adventures, and work adventures.  I also made friends with two random black people at Cafe Brazil who were (understandably) intrigued by the books with "African American ____" in the title that my suburban white girl self kept pulling out of my backpack and placing in an ever-growing stack on my table.  To update you readers, I have a 1.5 hour group presentation next Tuesday on Christian Education in an African American cultural context, and had raided the library for all relevant materials before heading to the cafe to meet one of my project partners.  The girl next to me was really nice, and talked to me about her perspective and gave me her email and phone number to contact her if I have any other questions.  Yay for friendliness!

Tomorrow I WILL go to church AND my small group (I've been slacking on both of those things lately).  Also, can you believe that it's April???  Time for another goal check-up and goal setting for the month...that will be a post (hopefully) for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment