"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, April 8, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen: I'm Large.

Why is this a blog title, you ask?  Because, until today, I was EXTRA large.  At least, I was according to the world of Old Navy sizing.  But today, when I headed off to the dressing room laden with size XL tops, every single one of them was too big.  That's quite a nice change from everything being too small, I'll tell you.  Today's shopping adventure proved that I've really been losing weight in a really practical way: I've dropped a shirt size AND a pants size since January!  Guess the "Get Fit" and "Eat Healthy" goals are working out (haha, bad pun unintended)!  I left with 2 pairs of capris, 3 tops, and 2 pairs of flip flops: a nice boost to my mostly non-existent spring wardrobe.  And my friend Rachel and I had quite the laugh-filled shopping spree (particularly when she accidentally brought me a shirt covered in pictures of fish instead of artistic flowers, like the one I asked her to trade in.  It was funny if you were there, I promise).

In other news, today was a GREAT day.  Besides the extremely victorious shopping trip, I also ate tacos on a restaurant patio in the gloriously summer-like Texas weather with friends, made enormous progress on my class presentation, and ate pizza and cake balls with the girls while having a quintessential movie night (this night's picks included Grown Ups and Secretariat: both good movies in very different ways).  I also managed to get a 98% on the church history midterm I was certain I failed, thanks to my professor's lenient grading (everyone did horribly, I think they just cut us all a break).  

Yeah...everything about today was good.  Actually, except the part where I ran the dishwasher without putting soap in it.  That wasn't so good.  There was also a part of the day where I was certain that I saw my car getting a parking ticket, and spent a suspenseful 30 minutes in anxious anticipation of what I would find upon my return.  But it turns out I was just paranoid, and quite legally (if poorly) parked.  Both of those things are insignificant in comparison to the rest of the day's goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment