"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Homework and Movies and Friends

Here we are again...late at night after a day of homework and socializing, sleepy and lacking in blog material, and  cognizant of the fact that I have to get up for church in the morning.

Best part of the day: tomato-basil pasta with andouille sausage and peach cobbler at my friend Rachel's apartment with a bounty of other friends, watching Tangled and Chocolat.  I was wooed there against my homework instinct by the prospect of the cobbler and Tangled, and I'm super glad that I was....it was a fabulous evening of laughter, good food, and movies with friends.  I'm trying to be proactive about decreasing procrastination and maintaining deliberate social times to balance out the studying and give myself better breaks than cartoons and Facebook.  It's been working well so far...I'm about 15 pages away from finishing the book I have to read before writing my education paper, then I can start actually WRITING that one and tackling the stack of research material for my other paper.  Still feels pretty manageable, it'll just take dedication!

Go dedicate yourself to something, blog readers!  GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment