"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Clothes, Presentation, and Pokey-O's


I pulled a middle school-ish mirror picture to illustrate part of the new smaller-sized clothes phenomenon of last weekend.  Top and capris both courtesy of Old Navy; earrings courtesy of the city of Montreal (even though I'm pretty sure you can't see them in this picture.  But international accessories should always be noted.

I wore this fabulous new outfit to conquer the dreaded 1.5 hour group presentation on Christian Education in an African American context (props to Janelle and Brandi, if you're reading this, for your interview insights!).  The presentation was perfectly timed, and although my voice could have been less shaky and there could have been considerably less "umms" and "i means" and "so basically's" on my part, it wasn't so bad.  A small comment I made about the disadvantages of using the lectionary in a specific cultural context made me the shooting target of a bunch of die-hard lectionary fans in the Q&A session...that was less than desirable.  But, it's over now, and our teacher seemed impressed.  At the very least, we covered a TON of information, so we looked intelligent despite our nerves.

After class, which let out at 9:00 (remember, Tuesdays are my marathon-class days), I was fairly hungry.  The options of a cheese omelet or a Lean Cuisine meal (the two choices hovering about my apartment) were rather unappealing, and as I was in a mood to celebrate removing the burdens of a 10-page paper AND a giant presentation from my life, I decided that the better option was to call my friend Rachel and get Pokey-O's for "dinner".  Yeah.  Nothing like a freshly prepared ice cream cookie sandwich after a long day (today's choice was chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter and chocolate ice cream...so good).  And Rachel is always a lovely dinner companion.  Good times.

Now I'm having a nightcap of granola cereal out of the box, watching Degrassi reruns on TV (yeah, it's a problem), and generally preparing to go to bed so I can be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for my 8:30 class an subsequent workout session tomorrow morning.  And so it continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment