"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Colleen and Bobby's Wedding!

As the title may imply, today was the wedding day of two of my friends from high school, Colleen and Bobby.  I've been friends with Colleen since about 7th grade, and I've known Bobby since preschool...I never guessed that one day I'd be at their wedding.  The ceremony was lovely, and I got to spend time with Colleen beforehand in the bridal parlor, which was a nice surprise!  The reception was really well done, I thought, and I enjoyed it - despite the fact that I braved the wedding dateless.  I was adopted for the night by three of Colleen's aunts as part of the "family," and it was actually a lot of fun talking to them throughout the night.  It turns out that I was the only person from our high school that was invited, outside the wedding party.  Consequently, I spent a great deal of time sitting at the head table talking with Colleen and Bobby and Stephanie, another of my friends from high school.  All in all, it was a lovely evening.  But, as one might be expected, I'm completely worn out.  The ceremony was at 2:00, and I headed off to the reception at 5:00, and didn't get back home until midnight.  So it was a long day, but a good one!

And now, for some photos from the wedding...

The bride and I (and high school buddies)

The matron of honor and I (and old AP chem partners)

The ceremony

The first dance...Aww.

EHS friends represent!

No comments:

Post a Comment