"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, July 4, 2011

Garh.

That's the sound my life is making today.

I've been working all day on Greek stuff, and somehow I haven't gotten ANYTHING done...apparently four days of having company and therefore barely touching Greek homework was enough to knock every bit of my knowledge of the language out of my head.  NEVER have I had so much trouble with Greek homework, and as I'm entering the last week of class (complete with two tests), it's truly freaking me out. But try as I might, I can't make sense of things...just looking at my Greek homework makes me sick to my stomach.  I'm at the point now where I think I just have to give up, and hope that being in class for four hours tomorrow will jog my memory enough to make it through the week.

Essentially, I think I need to get back to my routine...it's like I've been living in a parallel universe of my life for the past week, and it's gotten me all messed up.  I feel like I had things well in hand until about the middle of last week, and now it just feels like a race to the finish line.

I also have to figure out how I want to renew my lease for next year, which is also stressing me out since I haven't the slightest idea what my plans will be post-graduation, and don't know how expensive a 10-month lease would be compared to the (already more expensive than my current lease) 12-month lease I was quoted.  I'm hoping to go and talk to the office tomorrow, if I'm back home in time after the afternoon study session I have planned with some classmates.

Oh, and I need to set up my mail to be forwarded while I'm gone.  Can't forget that.

In the meantime, I keep eating a bunch of random junk out of boredom/frustration, and I suddenly have an overwhelming urge to drive to McDonalds or Raising Canes and acquire some kind of fried something.  I also have the urge to crawl under the blankets in my bed and hide from everything.  Neither of these options seems super productive either.

Let's just say that I'm ready for a vacation...and even though I feel like I need a week and a half to get everything done, I'm still kind of relieved to know it's only 4 days away...

No comments:

Post a Comment