"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Hangover

I woke up this morning with a Harry Potter Hangover.

Or, I should say, I woke up this afternoon...at 12:30pm.  Apparently I slept right through my 10am alarm - I don't remember shutting it off, though I do remember rejecting a phone call from a friend around 9am (sorry Brandi).  I was kind of shocked to see that it was so late in the day; I really expected the clock to say 10:30, not  12:30.  Despite feeling like I could sleep the rest of the day, I hauled myself out of bed, and knocked on my sister's door to announce that it was already after noon.  Since she was planning to drive out to Columbia to visit friends in the "afternoon", I figured she better know that it was already the afternoon.  Hannah lugged herself out of bed shortly thereafter, and we went to Sonic for "lunch."  Although the timing felt more like breakfast, there was nothing breakfast-y about my New York style hot dog (spicy mustard, sauerkraut, and grilled onions) and tator tots.  Which, by the way, were delicious.  

Shortly after our breakfast/lunch outing, Hannah set off on her weekend trip to Columbia, and since my mom is out of town having a girls' weekend at the lake, it was just me and my dad - which is actually really nice, because I rarely get to see my dad anymore living 10 hours from the family homestead, and it's even more rare that we get to spend time together just the two of us.  We spent our daddy-daughter evening having dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and watching The King's Speech.  It was a really fun evening!

Then Dad went to bed around 9:30, and I began to consider how best to handle my Harry Potter hangover.  Although the tiredness may have worn off, I was now faced with the fact that it was approaching "bedtime" and it felt like midday.  Since I'm determined not to get myself onto some weird sleep schedule, I decided the best thing to do would be to watch a little TV and do a little writing, and then plop myself in bed with an audiobook and listen to it until I fell asleep.  So I watched a couple episodes of Friends, wrote an email to a friend, wrote this blog post, and soon I will grab the iPod to tackle the audiobook, and hope that sleep finds me somewhere in the meantime.  

I am actually feeling somewhat sleepy now, so I have high hopes for a good night's rest.  I've gotta be all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for my friends' wedding tomorrow - which I shall tackle dateless and with great amounts of finesse and grace, and for which I shall look hott (with TWO t's) in the infamous zebra dress.  Should be a good day.

I'll leave you with a couple pics from last night's premiere...observe the finished t-shirts of two posts ago... :)






No comments:

Post a Comment