"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shopping Daaaaaay!

Today was all shopping-tastic.

After a great deal of deliberation concerning how to spend the day, Kelli and I decided to shop.  A lot.

The first stop was Half-Price Books, and as usual I did not leave empty handed (and neither did Kelli).  My personal purchases include two DVDs (Dreamgirls, which I've never seen but have wanted to see, and Shrek 3, which I secretly love a whole lot), and a "Teach Yourself Tagalog" CD-Rom/Audio CD program...because it was only $10, and I figured knowing even a bit of Tagalog might not be unhelpful when I'm working at the Filipino church for my internship next year.  Besides, I like learning semi-obscure languages in my free time (cough cough, ancient Greek, cough)...it's one of my more nerdy hobbies.

After a quintessential Tex-Mex lunch (enchiladas, anyone?), we ventured on to the Dallas Galleria, where we watched people ice skating and poked about various shops.  I also snagged two pairs of faux pearl earrings for 47 cents (total) at Old Navy...they had a gazillion pairs, someone must have messed up an order.  In any case, they were originally marked at $6, and pearl earrings match practically everything, so that was a very victorious moment.  We then had a quick venture through Big Lots, where I avoided buying anymore cheap movies, and returned to the apartment, completely exhausted.  After laying around for a bit and eating dinner, we ventured back out for Cold Stone (yes Mom, I finally used that gift card you gave me...).  We wrapped up the evening by watching Last Holiday.  Good times.

So all in all, a fun, if somewhat tiring day.  Now I'm off to bed, then it's church in the morning, spending the day fantastically, and then Kelli's off on her return flight to Houston and I'm off to catch up on the work and Greek translations that have fallen by the wayside over the past week/weekend.  Things got crazy from about Wednesday on, and I need me some catch up time!  My Fourth of July is looking less celebratory every day...but I might be okay with that.  I can't believe I only have one more week of my summer classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment