"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter. It Happened.

Yes, I midnight premiere-d it up with my best friend Jessica and my sister Hannah.  We arrived at the theater around 8:30pm, sat in line for about 2 hours, were ushered into the theater around 10:30, briefly met Curt Copeland of Z107.7 radio fame (it was exciting), lost a costume contest, sat through preview after preview...

...and then we watched the movie.

Then the movie ended, and we went to Steak and Shake (at 3am), where we, along with other fans, shocked the establishment with unusually large crowds for the understaffed restaurant to handle.  But we were patient, and our food was good.  Nothing like a Frisco melt and cheese fries in the wee hours of the morning.  Then we all tipped the waiter over 100%, because he was the only one working and obviously really stressed out (combined, we left him a $25 tip for a $16 bill).  Good deeds make my heart happy.

And now I'm home, and it's 4am, and I'm going to bed.  Pictures will appear tomorrow.

I'm getting too old for midnight premieres...

No comments:

Post a Comment