"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quitting Things

Today I quit my job.  I'm not going to go into great detail about it, but I feel that it was the right decision.  Still, it's an odd feeling - I've never quit a job before, particularly not one that was ongoing and well-paying.  My other jobs have all ended naturally, whether because I was returning to school at the end of a summer or graduating and moving across the country.  So it was a bit awkward and a bit sad, but I'm looking toward the future, and I'm excited to be able to devote myself more fully to my internship this year, which will begin next month.

Another bright side effect is that my vacation is now LITERALLY a vacation - for the next few weeks, I have absolutely NOTHING to do.  It's kind of bizarre, actually.  I'm trying to make the most of it...although lately, that's mostly just been sleeping.

I know these probably weren't exciting updates, but I can assure you that it's rather a big deal.  Off to sleep now...catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment