"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Alas.

Brandi has departed back to her homeland of Louisville.  This following a day of breakfast at Cafe Brazil, browsing Half Price Books, and "lunch" at Pokey O's (because really, is there any lunch better than an ice cream cookie sandwich?).  After I dropped her off at the airport, I basically spent the rest of the day laying on the couch watching television.  Seriously.

Tomorrow reality will hit again as I attempt to prep for Friday's intimidating midterm and enter into evaluation week at work (where people say how I'm doing).  I'm hoping the time pressure will help me succeed on the first, and expecting positive feedback from the second.  Still, it'll be an intense 3 days!!!  But in the end, it's only 3 days until I get another sigh of relief, so at least there's that.

I'll try and write a post-Brandi's-visit blog with photos and whatnot soon, but tonight I think I'm going to call it a night early.  I've decided (again) that I want to be one of those people who goes to bed early and gets up early...it seems like a more productive lifestyle than staying up late for the sake of having more "free time" and then hitting snooze for an hour and a half in the morning.  We'll see if I can make that work this week...I definitely have to shift into productivity mode in any case! 

No comments:

Post a Comment