"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Things I Love Sunday

My friend Ashley frequently writes "TILT" blogs (aka, "Things I Love Thursday).  Today, I want to write a "Things I Love Sunday" post...which doesn't make for a good acronym, but lots of good little things happened today :)

*Cardinals vs Rangers in the World Series...what else could a St. Louis girl living in Dallas ask for?  Either way, my team is going to win!

*The 1879 Housekeeping in Old Virginia cookbook that I bought for $5 at Half-Price Books last week, and love browsing through!  It's a 1965 reprint, but I love reading all the old recipes!  I want to try some of them out!

*The Coconut Chicken Salad at Cafe Brazil...Delicious!!  Oh, and being at Cafe Brazil with friends :)

*Discovering that I do NOT need to take a January Term class to graduate in May, like I thought I did.  Yay for a real winter break!

*Awesome Bible study tonight!  It was both deep, insightful, and hilarious.

*Skyping with my parents to help sort through all sorts of obscure Christmas decorations and childhood paraphernalia

*My confirmation class kids were engaged with the lesson this morning (but then, it DID involve popping balloons...and that's about all you need if you're a 12-year-old boy)

*Making strong progress on designing my independent study for the spring

*Getting to sleep in tomorrow morning!  Yeah!!

And those are some things that I love :)  What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment