"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, October 24, 2011

Productivity ATTACK!

I decorated for fall.

I was a productivity machine today.  Grocery shopping, lunch with friends, writing an entire paper, and cooking an all-out barbecue sandwich dinner with baked beans and pasta salad.  I also acquired a pumpkin and two gourds at the store, and hung my masquerade mask from Friday's mystery dinner on my bathroom mirror, so I also decorated for Fall.  It was a good day.

Working in the library with my friend Rachel (the photographer) and her sock monkey)
  
Finishing the Doctrine of God paper was the real highlight of the day.  Besides the fact that I finished the paper two days before it's due, it was actually a big confidence boost to write.  I feel like so much of my time in seminary has caused me to sit around and feel like I don't have a clue what I believe that it was good to have an assignment designed for me to sit and WRITE what I believe about God (in part, anyway).  It also gave me hope for the infamous Credo assignment that this class is working toward at the end of next semester, which is essentially a massive paper where you write about what you believe about everything, and make sure it all goes together.  This paper is, in effect, the first chapter of the Credo, and much to my surprise I not only wrote it fairly easily, but wrote what I think is a solid paper, and I even ENJOYED writing it, once I got past the intimidation factor.  Go figure.

Hopefully I'll keep up this productivity streak, since I have two papers and a class workshop to plan by the end of next week, in addition to the usual pile of reading and weekly written work.  Happily, after November 3, I actually won't have another major assignment due until December 2.  So I'm holding out for that little reprieve...the life of a graduate student marches onward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment