"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Picture Frame

I updated my digital picture frame today with pictures from my life in Dallas.  Until now, most of the pictures were from about 2 years ago, and I rarely turned on the frame.  But replacing them with more current pictures made me realize how truly thankful I am for my friends, both old and new, and for my family.  Dallas might drive me crazy sometimes, but overall I'm happy here.  It's funny how easily I forget that when I'm stuck in traffic or sitting in the library for hours on end.  And between last night's pumpkin party and tonight's Chinese buffet/Johnny English adventure with a friend, I've had a good dose of friendship and laughter this weekend, which is always good for the spirits.  Plus, I booked plane tickets home for the week after Christmas today, meaning I get to see my family at Thanksgiving AND Christmas!  And even if both of those visits last less than a week, they're more than I thought I'd be able to have.  And I like my job...I'm truly really blessed, and it's too bad how much I forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment