"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Schwew!

That's the sound most appropriate to my life right now.  "Schwew".  It's the sound of relief at finishing my systematic theology reading all in one night, approximately 15 hours ahead of when I usually finish the reading.  I still have a quick response sheet to write, but this puts me in REALLY good shape homework-wise, since it opens up the bulk of the day tomorrow to get Thursday's reading done (instead of doing the reading Thursday night), meaning I'll also be able to start working on next week's 3 major assignments tomorrow.  Hooray!

I also have a new writing project that I'm starting, which is exciting!  Pieces of it may float up here eventually, but probably not for awhile (see previous paragraph outlining present homework situation).

Overall, today was a pretty good day.  I got some really good feedback at work, made a tasty and minimal-effort dinner of orange-honey tilapia, almond rice pilaf, and fresh green beans, and obviously maintained the productivity streak of yesterday.  I find myself being reminded of that easily-forgotten truth that I'm happier when I don't procrastinate my work.

I also definitely spent half an hour watching a 1970s cartoon called The Funky Phantom on TV...it's about three teenagers who befriend a revolutionary war-era ghost and travel around in their dune buggy upholding justice and fighting discrimination.  Seriously.  I can't find a video that will let me embed, but I urge you to follow this link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSL2ED-JrWE .  Also, Mom and Dad, this is why I sent you that text message.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment