"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eek!

That quintessential mid-October panic is ensuing.  Although this panic is familiar to every grad school student with whom I am familiar, it is nonetheless unbidden and unpleasant to deal with.

My particular panic is brought on by my Systematic Theology midterm on Friday (the most notoriously difficult class at Perkins, aside from the Christian Heritage class that covers 2,000 years of church history in one academic year).  Unfortunately, due to the (otherwise very fortunate) visit of one of my best friends to Dallas over the weekend, I didn't start studying until today.  I outlined 2 of the 5 possible essays in about 3 hours this morning.  Add in 7 hours of work at my job (including a 1.5 hour evaluation meeting) and 3 hours of reading/response questions for my children's ministry course (coming to me live at 9am tomorrow) and you basically have a rough outline of my day.  That leaves 11 hours of the day unaccounted for: 9 of those were sleeping (midnight to 8am and a nap from 11-12), plus half an hour for lunch and half an hour talking to my mom on the phone, and you'll reach 11:00pm, which is the time right now.

Needless to say, it's been a long day...and tomorrow's going to be just as long, if not longer.

The bright side of the day is that part one of my work evaluation went well.  Part two comes on Friday...as does the midterm.

Is it Saturday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment