"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crash

After a night of little sleep, thanks to general sleeplessness and a massive thunderstorm around 2am.  Work was good, if a longer day than usual due to an unexpected meeting, and by the time I got back to my apartment around 3pm I completely crashed, and willingly allowed a "30 minute" nap to turn into a good, long, 2 hour affair.  When I finally got up around 5:30, I worked haphazardly on my paper and watched Sister Act 2 on TV (mostly the latter), and finally kickstarted into academic gear around 7pm, thanks to a phone call from a friend.  I got some progress made (small, but an important step), and then headed off for Bible Study, came back, watched the baseball game...and that was about it today.  Tomorrow will be quite a different affair...I'm planning to wake up fairly early (read: before 10am), go grocery shopping in the morning, and hit it hardcore on this paper.  Ideally, I want to get it completely finished tomorrow.  I'm going to try and get a very rough outline accomplished tonight.

Such is the life of a graduate student.  Study, study, study, plus procrastination, plus unexpectedly lengthy naps.

I'm going to be trying to make some more proactive lifestyle changes here in the near future, so stay tuned for that.  As for right now, I'm going to get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment