"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, October 3, 2011

Just Dance, Yo!

You will perhaps recall a post from a few days ago when I mentioned that I bought my second Wii game (in 10 months...I'm a cheapskate).  That's right, I'm now the proud owner of Just Dance 2 for the Wii.  And tonight I gave it a go.

My reasons for buying this game were twofold: 1) My exercise regimen has dissolved into nothing more than doing "sit-ups" to get off the couch, and 2) I played this game at my friend Jessica's house over winter break last year and it's just absolutely hilarious.  It's particularly hilarious to play with friends, and one of the reasons I put off buying it was because I was worried it wouldn't be as enjoyable to play by myself.  But I was cracking myself up within the first three minutes.  As you might remember from my dance workout DVD escapades, dancing is not my forte...I like to think that's part of my charm.  It's part of my charm that doesn't get to go out in public very often, but it's definitely a part of my charm.

For the video-game-disinclined, this game is super easy to understand...as the name would imply, all you do is turn on the game and "just dance."  You pick a song, and then follow the motions of the virtual dancer on the screen...and that's really it.  But trust me, it's a ton of fun, and it's hilarious.

Here's a dance from the game that I did tonight...with a video of some random kid in the bottom right corner doing the dance in real life.  I looked just about as cool as him, never fear...even if I wasn't wearing a jaunty trucker hat.



This is one of the easier dances, there's multiple levels and music styles throughout the game, including duet dances to do with a friend (unfortunately I don't have a second Wii controller, but that doesn't stop me from forcing my friends to play along anyway.  In all seriousness (or as much seriousness as can be given concerning a game that makes me dance around embarrassingly), I'm hoping that this game will jumpstart the exercise regimen again.  That, and I'm forbidding myself from buying Nutella at the store anymore...which is a sad, but necessary measure.

So yay for dancing!!!  Should be a fun new exercise routine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment