"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Proactive About the Future

Today consisted of 5 parts:

Part 1: IHop with a friend.

Part 2: Laundry.  So much laundry.

Part 3: Applying for post-graduation jobs.  More on this momentarily.

Part 4: Working haphazardly on my Doctrine of God paper, and frequently discovering that I'm a borderline heretic.

Part 5:  Watching the Cardinals KILL the Rangers 16-7 in Game 3 of the World Series, with three home runs by Albert Pujols (putting him on par with Babe Ruth).  That's some good vindication for a St. Louis girl who is constantly frustrated by Dallas traffic.

Now back to part three...even though I don't graduate for another 6 months, I went ahead and started the process of applying for jobs today.  Can't start too early, right?  Well, you probably can, but for motivational purposes I think it's a really good thing.  Generally, when I think about finding a job, it seems vague and intimidating, but after revamping my resume and writing up a good cover letter (both of which are obviously tweaked and edited for the job at hand), I'm actually feeling excited and positive about finding a job!  For one thing, I've discovered that while finding a job may be hard, applying for them is easy...it never hurts to send in an application, and now that I've got basic application documents at hand it's really easy to apply.  And even if it's only October, I figure it's never too early to get my name out there.  One of the churches already responded saying the position has been filled, and I haven't heard from the other one yet, but you miss 100% of the shots you never take, right?

1 comment: