"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cleaning Reflections

There's nothing like cleaning for company to make you realize how much your apartment really needs to be cleaned.  Happily, it only took me a little over an hour to declutter, vacuum, polish furniture/dust (which was really one motion), clean the stove, and run a Lysol wipe over all applicable surfaces.  And now, except for folding some laundry, my apartment is all ready for my friend Laura's arrival tomorrow!

Sometimes people come over and seem upset that I'd clean for them, saying things like, "Oh, you didn't have to clean!"  But yes, I do have to clean.  I have to clean firstly so that my apartment will be presentable and so that staying there will be a pleasant experience, and I have to clean secondly because it's people coming over that always kickstarts me into cleaning.  So I'm happy to get my cleaning on for company.

The rest of the day was your typical class/study day.  Class in the morning, an advising meeting, working on homework while chatting with a new friend in the library (in the basement, where such chatting is not so highly frowned upon), a picnic lunch and good conversation with the aforementioned new friend, study group, and preceptorial in the afternoon (where I actually said something smart!  Or, at least, said something at all).  Then more homework in the evening, and then the cleaning.

And that's that!  Looking forward to a great weekend with an old friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment