"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mundaneness

I'm finding myself back in a writers block trap.  As you faithful readers have noticed, I've not posted for the last three days (primarily because of academic and social busy-ness)...but today I realize that I also just don't have much to reflect upon.  Either that, or my brain is not capable of reflecting upon it in an entertaining fashion.  My life is slowly beginning to pick up the grad school monotony: work, class, homework, sleep, work, class, homework, sleep.

Today I participated in such riveting activities as searching the internet for crock pot recipes, grocery shopping, going to the bank, and exercising with the Wii Fit (which, incidentally, didn't yell at me for not using it for 132 days, but instead congratulated me on using it a total of 30 times).  In the afternoon/evening my boyfriend and I worked on homework together up at SMU (we started out at my apartment, but the Labor Day party at the nearby neighborhood clubhouse was too loud to focus), and then got In-N-Out Burger for dinner (which is one of Josh's favorite things on the planet, and which opened up a couple of months ago here in Dallas).  While these were all good and necessary activities, they don't necessarily lend themselves to a great deal of blog-post reflection.

Tomorrow will be a long work day, with the normal morning work routine and a church Labor Day picnic in the afternoon.  I hope all you readers are having a good holiday weekend!  It's really just causing me to work more :-P

Our dinner literally looked JUST like this.  In-N-Out is tasty!
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment