"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Exciting Work Update!

I found out today that I get to lead the confirmation class at the church where I'm working this year!  Yay!  This is exciting for two reasons: 1) It gives me a specific, concrete, ongoing task at the church instead of just shadowing pastors and looking pretty and getting fed, and 2) It lets me work with middle schoolers, which, oddly enough, I actually enjoy.  Go figure.  So this is a good thing.  I'm in the process of reworking curriculum (shaping a 39-week curriculum into a 21 session program).  I'll have my first class on Sunday, which will mostly be introduction stuff, but I'm excited to meet the youth (3 boys and a girl).  Exciting stuff!

Other than that, today was a fairly normal day...I was doing well at getting back on the healthy track until today's work lunch was at KFC, then I had class in the evening, and I've been generally exhausted all day.  In fact, I think I may just go to bed soon (which will be around 10pm).  I'm still sleepy from the adventures of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment