"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Small Successes

Today was filled with small successes.  Most notably, I accomplished a TON of class reading, both for my two sessions of Systematic Theology that met today (along with a written response sheet) and for my Children's ministry course tomorrow (including a written paragraph response).  Those were big deals, considering that I really didn't see how I was possibly going to get everything done after everything this past weekend (which I realize I have not elaborated on, but some things don't need to go on the internet).

Surprisingly, I also managed to finish homework fairly early, which allowed time for other small successes...things like making progress on the piles of laundry and dirty dishes that have been growing incessantly (my apartment is slowly falling to shambles).  I still haven't touched the piles of clutter covering the surface of every table in my living room, but these are major household improvements.

Most notably, however, I successfully made falafel in my crock pot (yeah, falafel), which is going to significantly improve my lunch experience tomorrow (this is a big step up from peanut butter and jelly).  Add my falafel-making endeavors to the chicken marrakesh I created over the weekend, and it's been a very middle-eastern type of culinary week.

I also semi-mastered playing this song on the guitar:



Her CD is the latest in my bitter list of CDs not available for sale in the USA.  Lame.  At least I have YouTube to supplement my love of French pop, right?  And I really like having time to play guitar...it's a good emotional release.

Now to get through tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment