"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Long Day.

It was a long day.  Thursdays are always long days.  This one included my 2.5 hour Children's Ministry seminar (today featuring six super-peppy children's ministers in a panel discussion that was more like a flashback to my sorority years, but was still helpful and informative), a Taize chapel service (which I had to skip out early on to get to my...) 2.5 hour Internship seminar (which was more intense than usual), hanging out in the basement of the library for an hour and a half surfing the internet and trying not to fall asleep in the squishy gray armchair that I had claimed, and a 1.5 hour Old Testament class (featuring a lively and, occasionally, vaguely offensive discussion of the rape of Dinah in Genesis 34...vaguely offensive not because of my teacher, but because of some comments made by other students).  So there was my 9-6 campus day for the week, come and gone.  My boyfriend came over in the evening and we ate dinner and talked and generally just relaxed, and that was a nice way to end the day.  But oh golly, was it a long haul getting there.

I'm off to bed :)  Bonsoir, tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment