"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Anyone have any Stress Management ideas?

What can I say about today?  All in all, it was fairly un-extraordinary...like yesterday, I spent the bulk of the day doing homework, avoiding homework, and eating less healthy food than I should.  I'm going to have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, I'm thinking I need to pick up some sort of healthy snack food.  Also, I'm falling back into the eating-to-kill-boredom/stress eating thing that I seem to do so well.  Actually, I may do a complete kitchen clear-out, and get rid of all the unhealthy things hanging about...or maybe not.  We'll see...yes, I should.  But I don't want toooooooooooooooooooooo!

OK, I'm done being a baby now.  Besides, it's almost midnight, and I don't fancy going out to the dumpster in the darkness.  If anything will be done about the junk food lingering in my cupboard and refrigerator, it will be done in the morning.

On the bright side of today, I finished the reading for my Tuesday education class (quite a feat, since this week's assignment was to read an entire book), and went to the small group I've joined since committing myself to the "getting involved in a church" goal.  That was quite enjoyable.  I'm glad I've been forcing myself into expanding my social circle.

Alright friends, I need some input from you...I need healthy, productive stress-management technique suggestions.  Because, as I'm getting deeper into the semester, I find myself moving back to my old unhealthy habits (both physically and emotionally)...these include, but are not limited to, boredom eating, excessive internet usage (Facebook and Youtube specifically), and to a certain extent, negative self-talk.  Anyone have any ideas for better stress management??  The semester isn't even all that stressful yet...it's thinking about what's to come that's got me thinking I need to prepare now...

1 comment:

  1. first: Congratulate yourself on the weight loss! Awesome!
    second: You haven't been exercising for quite long enough for it to help release anxiety/stress reducing chemicals in large amounts, but it will soon(ish). Also, keep up the positive thinking and put more positive thinking in your day... this is a win.
    And one last thing... lists. Breaking tasks down in the way the awesome planner does gives you awesome ways to see accomplishments and progress. I think as much as anything else stress management is a mental game.
    Kay. I'm going to stop talking now.

    ReplyDelete