"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Series of Irrelevant Thoughts from the Day

As winter break winds down and I prepare to journey back to my home on the range (which I have just decided to call my Dallas apartment), my days have become something of an array of unrelated events.  I suppose that I've run out of things to do here in the StL, or I'm just getting lazy thinking about the schoolwork that is to come. Either way, it makes cohesive blog topics somewhat hard to come by.  I therefore offer you the random thoughts of my day, connected only by their juxtaposition in time:

1) Yams baked in the microwave, though a time-effective cooking strategy, are somewhat inferior to yams baked in the oven.

2) Target sells "The Swan Princess" on DVD for $5.  Target is my best friend.

3) "My look is attainable.  Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses." - Audrey Hepburn

4) There is nothing so eclectically intriguing as the home decor section of Goodwill.

5) My plaid coat and new sunglasses make me look a lot richer than I am.

6) Hobby Lobby inspires redecorating...my apartment, your apartment, your Grandma's house, let's redecorate, now.

7) Cookbooks seriously underestimate the needs of single people who get sick of leftovers after 3 days.

8) My middle school smells exactly the same as it did when I attended school there 9 years ago.

9) The social tension of middle school and high schoolers makes me fear my impending internship as a youth pastor.

10) Peanut butter and bananas mixed in with vanilla frozen custard is like heaven in a cup.

11) Kicking tambourines results in much the same musical effect as playing them properly.

12) "Genovia, the land I call my home; Genovia, GENOOOOOVIA!  Forever will your banner wave!"

13) Translating from English to French is easier and more interesting than translating from French to English.

14) I wonder how weird it is for Kate Middleton's family to actually have their daughter grow up to be a princess...and how weird it is for Kate Middleton to grow up and be a princess...

And there you have it.  Thank you for coming along on this journey through Celia's daily thought processes.  Perhaps you can now understand why I had trouble coming up with a cohesive blog topic for the day...

1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite thoughts

    3) "My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses." - Audrey Hepburn

    6) Hobby Lobby inspires redecorating...my apartment, your apartment, your Grandma's house, let's redecorate, now.

    9) The social tension of middle school and high schoolers makes me fear my impending internship as a youth pastor.
    --yeah, I know right?

    11) Kicking tambourines results in much the same musical effect as playing them properly.
    ---Why were you kicking tamborines?

    14) I wonder how weird it is for Kate Middleton's family to actually have their daughter grow up to be a princess...and how weird it is for Kate Middleton to grow up and be a princess...

    ---I wonder that too.

    ReplyDelete