"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sad

For some reason my internet browser is redirecting Facebook requests to the Myspace homepage.  I find this to be both superbly ironic and a tad frustrating.

So having owned a Wii for over 24 hours, I can now bring you the following information: I am secretly a violent person, or have a lot of hidden pent-up aggression that causes me to be best at the sword fighting and boxing games, and to find an odd satisfaction in beating the crap out of video game characters.  Weird.  I foresee digital sword fighting as a good stress management technique next semester ("You DARE assign me 10,000 pages of reading, you FOOL??)

Also, in the spirit of all moms across the globe, my mother knocked things off the table and across the room while engaging in some Wii swordfighting herself.  The Wii is fun for the whole family, to be sure.

In actuality, I've had such fun playing the Wii with my family that last night and today I suddenly became horribly, horribly sad about leaving them in 10 days to head back to Texas.  In case anyone is wondering, I'm secretly 3 years old when it comes to leaving family...given my somewhat adventurous life over the past 5 years or so you wouldn't necessarily expect this to be the case, but there it is.  Sometimes I wonder why I always have to keep running off to new destinations to try to get the most out of life.  Why can't I just be one of those people who stays near home after graduation?  I had to go and bop off to Texas...that was silly.  Like I couldn't have gotten a Masters degree someplace that wasn't 10 hours away.  I was telling my friend Lauren the other day, I'm grateful for my scholarship...but lately it's felt more like some sort of giant joke than a good thing.  The post-college graduation year is MUCH different than I expected it to be...I guess I didn't expect to feel so alone all the time.

And, I'm NOT alone, really...I've made several wonderful friends.  It's odd.  Anyone understand what I'm talking about?

Sorry this post turned all melodramatic.  I actually didn't have a focus in mind...just started writing, and it turns out this is the result.

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. 10000?! pages. I hope you mean over the course of the semestre. But, your right to be sad about leaving your family, but you'll get over it. You're a little pioneer and you're strong and you can handle anything. You're like my role model when it comes to that. So don't worry so much about it. And you can move closer to home after you graduate perhaps. Maybe like 5 hours away. lol

    ReplyDelete