"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes Reflections...When Celebrities Act Human

I watched the Golden Globes the other night, actually from beginning to end...I rarely do that with awards shows, usually I catch them halfway through.  I like awards shows, though, because there's fabulous dresses and my friend Brandi is generally texting me commentary throughout.  But, I sometimes drive die-hard award show people crazy, because although I have vague preferences as to who should win what award, I ultimately get most excited when people on the shows get really excited about their awards.  They just all look so happy.  So while my fellow award-show-watchers are screaming about the unfairness of the award or how so-and-so should have won, I'm sitting there going "Awwww, look how HAPPY they are!!!!"

This is especially true when people let their emotions get the best of them, and let go of all celebrity poise and decorum and flip out about the people winning.  There were two really good examples of this at the Golden Globes last night.

First, when Chris Colfer won Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series for his role as Kurt on "Glee".  He was so shocked that he just sat their gaping until co-star Dianna Agron drags him up out of his chair.  Then, Chris actually manages to deliver an eloquent and heartfelt speech even in his shock, and Lea Michele is practically bawling with joy...


My second favorite moment was when Jim Parsons won for Best Actor in a TV series for his role as Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory."  His co-star Kaley Cuoco, who plays "Penny" on the show, was one of the presenters for the award.  Presenters, you know, are supposed to be all graceful and objective in presenting the award...but Kaley flips out with excitement as she reads Jim's name off the envelope...


Simply put: excited celebrities make me happy.  Especially when they let go of the glamorous image for a few minutes and freak out like normal people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment