"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You and Me, Baby, We've Got a Slammin' Kind of Love.

I'm not going all out for a long post tonight, as I'm at a hotel in transit on my way back to Dallas and want to get some sleep, but I do want to make note of one thing I discovered on my drive today.

I know every word to every song on the A-Teens "Teen Spirit" Album.

Yeah.

With the exception of a week or so ago when my sister and I randomly had this 2001 album playing in the background, I haven't listened to this CD in 7 or 8 years ago.   But, a case full of adolescent favorites somehow made its way into my car at some point, and I popped this one into my CD player about 3 hours into the drive.  And then I proceeded to belt out the lyrics to the whole CD.

Not just listen to songs and be all nostalgic and think "oh, I remember this song", but literally belting out the words over and over to each and every song - songs that I haven't thought about in YEARS.  Such non-classics as "Slammin' Kind of Love" and "Firefly."  The CD has all the toothache inducing sweetness and pop-ish tendencies as all of Disney's current tween proteges.  Also, every song has a minimum of 2-3 key changes, which I find to be a bit much.  But I loved it when I was 13.  And, apparently I listened to it enough to burn it into my brain permanently.  

Memory is weird.

While searching for multi-media blog support, I happened upon this non-sequiter of a music video made by some YouTube-er.  But it adequately highlights the ridiculousness of the songs I belted out in my car this afternoon.  So enjoy: Pride and Prejudice meets "Slammin Kind of Love" by the A-Teens.

And, if you're into some more classic A-Teens...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment